I wondered if I would manage to complete this months challenge in time. I’m still on holiday in the Lake District and recently realised I had better get snapping away ! Apart from 3 photos, most of these pictures were taken on my camera phone , over the past few days.
1. Shut ~ This butterfly’s wings stayed resolutely shut when I took this photo at The Butterfly House in Williamson Park, Lancaster.
2. Copper ~ There’s a copper tinge to the days here in the Lake District at the moment. Autumn has arrived! This picture was taken on the banks of Wast Water a couple of days ago. The bracken is copper coloured, the foilage is changing from green to reds and golds.
3. Wrist ~ I would have loved to have worn a pretty bracelet for this prompt, but as I don’t have one here with me, here are my Wristbands from a visit to Muncaster Castle.
4. Quarter ~ At Quarter past six yesterday I was contemplating tucking into this bad boy! Needless to say , I only made a small dent in it, even with my humongous appetite!
5. It starts with a C ~ Here are Hugo and I outside Muncaster Castle , which is a short drive from where we are staying. The castle is supposedly haunted by the spirits of a White Lady, a crying baby and a mischievous fool. Jeepers!
6. Foam ~ Sorry this prompt was a bit of a disaster for me! I’m trying to convince you here, that the green moss on the rocks in Ravenglass, feels like Foam when you touch it. A-hem!
7. Scarf ~ You can just about see I am wearing my Autumn coloured Scarf , which I bought in Fat Face last September. I am looking for an abandoned Japanese Garden in woodland near Eskdale Green. It was so abandoned, it took ages to find it!
8. Line ~ Yesterday I bagged my first Wainwright! This is the view of Wastwater from the top of Buckbarrow. The skyline is dominated by the Western Fells. It was wonderful up there, but I don’t think I will become addicted to climbing mountains!
9. Nostalgic ~ The Art Deco Midland Hotel in Morecambe adds a touch of Nostalgia to the Lancashire Coast. I quite fancy staying here one day. 🙂
10. My own Choice ~ Love this piccie of my nephew and niece eating their lunch in the back of our car, but can you see who is eyeing up their sarnies. 🙂
Thanks to Hawthorn for arranging the Scavenger Hunt. X